Our Quality Standard
- Quality, gently used and new items accepted.
- All items must be clean and in good working condition (fully-functioning).
- Free of rips, stains and/or pet hair.
- All staff and volunteers have the right to refuse items that do not meet our quality standard.
- Not sure if you should donate an item? Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving it to a friend or family member.
How to Donate
We pick up in the Des Moines metro area, which includes Des Moines and its surrounding cities as well as: Waukee, Johnston, Grimes, Norwalk, Ankeny, Altoona, Pleasant Hill, and Polk City. We do NOT pickup in Adel, Van Meter, Granger, Madrid, Carlisle or Indianola. Schedule a pick-up by calling 515-282-3733 and following the prompts to leave a message. We pick up mornings on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday [roughly 9am – 12 noon].
The Warehouse is open 9am – 11am on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and you can drop off items when we are open. We will have volunteers available to help unload and to give you a receipt for your taxes. Please do not leave items outside the Warehouse.
You have 2 options to get your donations to the FreeStore:
- Schedule a home pickup. Our process for scheduling home pickups is as follows:
- Click HERE to submit an online furniture donation pickup request.
- Or you can call 515-282-3733 and leave a message stating:
- Your name
- Your address, city and zip code
- Your phone number
- A list of items to be donated.
- A scheduler will call you back within 48 hours to schedule a day for your pick-up.
- The pickup driver will call you the day before your scheduled pick-up to give you a window of time for the pickup.
- The pickup takes place and a donation receipt is provided.
- Drop off at our warehouse located at 841 11th Street Suite 101 Des Moines, IA. (Note the entrance is on 11th Street.) See the map below for directions.
Note: The FreeStore is closed on all major holidays. Please call or check online if we are open.